Thursday, January 31, 2008

Courtney Oliver - 10 year old Veterinarian

OK, this is kinda cute.

Courtney Oliver maybe only 10-years-old but that hasn’t stopped her from living her dream. Oliver says she has always wanted to be a veterinarian, so she decided to get her veterinary certification.

After 8 months, Oliver had completed an on-line college course and is now working at the South Bay Veterinary Hospital in Olympia.






“I have a dog Maggie and two hamsters and I just though: ‘Well, if I have so many animals why don’t I just work with them?” she say. As for being a vet at 10, Oliver says, “Might as get it done early as get it done late.”

“The first day it kind of made me nervous. But I’m like, ‘When can I do that?’ It doesn’t really scare me because we have blood. Why be scared of it?” she added.





Oliver’s mentor, Dr. Michelle Shoemaker, says the elementary schooler is “amazing. Always been so bright, very, very smart actually. We quiz her quite often here,”

No comments:

Post a Comment