Friday, August 15, 2008

Ellen DeGenereres and Portia de Rossi Wedding

Ellen, 50, announced that she was planning to wed girlfriend Portia, 35 – who she’s been dating since December 2004 - on her show in May.



Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have been together the cold month of December back in the year 2004 - so once California legalized gay marriage, they were very interested.



Ellen DeGeneres is now rumored to be set to marry her Australian girlfriend Portia de Rossi in California. When? Possibly tomorrow!



When gay marriage was legalized this year, Ellen said: "It's something that we've wanted to do and we want it to be legal and we are very, very excited," DeGeneres, 50, said at the time.

"I feel like I found my perfect fit."



"She's taught me lessons about myself, and I feel like I've taught her."



The couple are expected to wed in an intimate ceremony with only a few close friends and family, Usmagazine.com reports. DeGeneres, a successful comedian who now hosts a popular daytime talkshow, and 35-year-old de Rossi began dating in December 2004.

Following the California Supreme Court's ruling that same sex couple's had the "right to marry," DeGeneres announced on her show in May that she and de Rossi would marry. "It's something that we've wanted to do and we want it to be legal and we are very, very excited," DeGeneres, 50, said at the time. "I feel like I found my perfect fit," DeGeneres said of de Rossi in an interview with the Advocate.



De Rossi was born Amanda Lee Rogers and was raised in Geelong, but adopted the name Portia de Rossi when she was 15. After appearing in the Australian movie Sirens with Elle Macpherson, she found success in the US when she joined the cast of Ally McBeal in 1997.



She also starred in the critically acclaimed comedy Arrested Development.

No comments:

Post a Comment