Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fastest Man on Earth - Usain Bolt of Jamaica sets a new World Record in Beijing Watch the Amazing Video Here


Usain Bolt of Jamaica set a world record in winning the men's 100-meter sprint at the Beijing Games, where Michael Phelps moved within one gold medal of beating Mark Spitz's record seven at an Olympics.

Bolt claimed track and field's premier title in 9.69 seconds, gesturing to the crowd and slapping his chest before crossing the line. He finished 0.2 second ahead of Trinidad's Richard Thompson, with Walter Dix of the U.S. in third.






``As soon as I saw I had covered the field and I knew I would win, I was very happy and I started to celebrate,'' Bolt told reporters after slicing 0.03 second off his own world mark. ``I wasn't worried about the time. I just came here to win.''

No comments:

Post a Comment